Sunday, June 10, 2012

Web 2.0


I really enjoyed using the technology to create these tools. I first completed the concept map. I chose to do my project on story elements on first grade level. Although I really like this tool, I feel like first graders would have a difficult time understanding the webs. I wish I would have known about this tool when I taught 4th grade. Also, I have a mimio board in my classroom. I have templates that are student friendly for the grade I teach. Here is my web.



Next I worked on the gloster activity. I really enjoyed this activity although it was time consuming. I really like the fact that the graphics are so engaging. I will be using gloster in my classroom in the fall. Here is the link.
The animoto part of this project was not my favorite part. If I had the full version, I would have enjoyed the experience more at the time. I was very frustrated with having the 30 second time limit. I did not feel that I was about to put enough information in the video. I do feel that it is something that would engage my students.

I chose to use Classtools for my last part of the assignment. I chose this site because my students love games. I really liked this site. I love the fact that it is so easy to use and gives the teacher control of the questions. I can't wait to use it to design games for my students. Here are my games.

1 comment:

  1. Animoto was not my favorite at first. Thenbi fell in love with it. Take for example weekly sight words or spelling words. 1. Insert ambage for the word. Male it the aiEnof the slide 2. Insert WordArtbor text box large font3. Save the slide as an image 4. Put up to 9 of them in an animoto video and play it as a screen saver or video loop.
    See if a child can spell the word before it shows up. Improves memory and speed and sight words.
    Again, enjoyed reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete